Wow, it's been almost a year since I have written here. I'm tempted to start an entirely new blog, but I just don't want to bother with it. Life seems to be flying by and I'm missing opportunities to record these things. So, I won't start over, I'll just keep plugging away.
I probably should update our family info though to include our newest little member: Allison Elizabeth who joined our family in late summer 2010. It's hard to believe that she is already 4 months old and growing so much every day. She is rolling around, scooting, chewing on stuff, playing with her toes, sitting in a tripod position, smiling, laughing, and just overall bringing joy to all of us.
Benjamin is 3. He'll be 4 in June. Lately he keeps asking me, "Mommy, am I five yet?" I always chuckle and tell him that he's 3. Well, today when he asked I asked him "Why?" He said, "Because I want to do big boy things." I scooped him up in my arms and told him that he doesn't have to wait until he's 5 and that he already does big boy things. He is such a cute little boy. He makes me laugh.
Nathan is doing well with school. He's in Kindergarten right now and has started to read. He reads simple short-vowel words and is progressing nicely. He isn't enthusiastic about school every day, but he is a diligent worker. He'll do all that I ask him to do even if he doesn't feel like doing it. He's a smart little boy who is not showy about how smart he is.
Joel recently had an evaluation day for gymnastics. He wanted so badly to advance a level and make it onto the Boys Development Team. On the day of the evaluations he did his very best to do all of the skills. I watched and honestly wasn't sure if he would make it. After class the coach was handing out their evaluations. I watched Joel as he took the piece of paper and read over it. His face revealed nothing. He didn't say anything to the coach. He just started walking towards us. He looked up and meeting my eyes he shook his head indicating that he didn't advance. My heart pounded harder with every step he took closer and I desperately tried to search for the right words with which I would encourage my disappointed son. As Joel reached me and I was about to begin my pep talk, that turkey yelled, "HA! Tricked you! I made the team!!!" I cried. I was so proud of him (and honestly, a little impressed with his acting skills)!
Seth is back doing baseball. That boy plays with his whole heart. I was recently watching some videos of his first season of t-ball at four years old. Be still my heart. What a stinkin' cute kid! Even back then he was all business when it came to playing ball. It'll be fun to see what this season will bring. It's been really exciting over the past couple of years as the level of play has gained intensity. It's fun watching these boys who know how to play the game and love it. It helps that all of last year Seth had a coach that was absolutely wonderful.
I've been dealing with postpartum depression again. It shouldn't have been a surprise, but somehow I thought I'd avoid it this time. I went to the doctor last week to find out my progesterone is almost non-existent. So, back on the supplements I go. I'm three days into the supplements and expect to really start feeling more like myself in another few days to a week. It'll be nice when the clouds part and I will be me again. I miss me.
Mark has been home for several weeks and even took a week off right after Christmas. It's been heaven. His traveling starts back up this week, which is a bummer, but we'll all be fine. We're planning some family trips this year so we will have a lot of time all together. It'll be wonderful.
I'm looking forward to this new year. It feels good to be moving forward. I'm trying new things like having a written schedule and will soon be attempting to lose some weight. I'm grateful for the blessings we have received in 2010 and am excited to see what the Lord has in store for us in 2011.
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment