Nope, I haven't given up on my blog. I just haven't posted anything in quite some time. Sometimes I feel like my life is just too boring. Other times I feel like since really no one is reading this there isn't a point to keep up with it. Originally, I thought it would be fun to write stories and such about the boys so I had them to give them when they get older. I'm much too scatter-brained really for that. I have random thoughts that really have no purpose other than they are mine and I want to get them out of my head. My blog seems the logical place for such ramblings.
Recently, I came across a few journals from days gone by. Each and every one of them started with an entry with a confession how I am inconsistent in my writing and am hoping this time will be different. You would think that at the age of 34 I would just embrace that I am an inconsistent, spontaneous, fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of girl. I really am okay with that. I feel I add spice to my husband who is as predictable as the sun rising. I've become more of a planner and disciplined in certain areas, but writing has never been one of them. I write when I feel led.
Today I felt led. I just finished a wonderful time of school with Seth. The other three boys were up to their eyeballs in LEGOs upstairs leaving us to focus. It was nice to be able to give him all of my attention. We laughed and talked as we worked through our schoolwork. He's such a bright child and I love to see him learn. Even moreso, I love to see him enjoy the learning. He typically has a great attitude about school, which makes him unbelievably easy to teach. He has a tendency toward perfectionism, which I recognize in myself, so I try to help him overcome that. He's very meticulous in his writing as he carefully forms his letters. His cursive handwriting is beautiful. He has an artistic side and is very creative. It seems daily he is drawing things and coloring. We hope to enroll him in an art class in the fall to nuture his interest. I enjoy seeing all the creative ways he expresses himself.
Well, who knows when I'll post again?? I won't make any promises of regular posting. I'll write when the mood strikes again. Ahh, the freedom of not being perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment