Monday, November 16, 2009

Women of Faith

This weekend I went to the Women of Faith conference with a bunch of women from our new church. We left Friday morning for the early portion of the conference. This is the second Women of Faith conference I've attended. The first one was 9 years ago. I don't know why it's taken me so long to go again. It is a wonderful conference. I laughed, I cried, I shopped. What could be better?!

The speakers were so captivating. They each seemed to have a gift in infusing humor with inspiring words. Each speaker touched my heart with her message. I've been a Christian for a long time, but in this season of raising my boys it's hard to find the time to really spend quality time with the Lord. I read my Bible, I pray, I teach the boys about God, we go to church, etc. It's the relationship with the Lord that I find really ebbs and flows. Some days I feel much closer to Him than others, yet I always know He's there. This weekend was a great opportunity to step out of the busyness of life and just quiet my heart to reconnect with the One who calls me His own. I was blessed beyond measure.

We stayed at a hotel downtown after the Friday session of the conference. Several of us gathered in a hotel room to just gab, each chocolate, and be girls. We laughed and had fun, but we also shared some deeper, meaningful things. It was a precious time and well worth the lack of sleep!

Saturday's conference was even better than Friday's. It really is hard to put into words what I experienced. It so, so good to take time out of the daily routine to put all my focus on the Lord. The music was awesome, which always resonates with me, the speakers all made me cry, and I left feeling like I was walking on air.

I came home to a house full of boys who showered me with hugs and kisses. Mark and I put them to bed and then went and sat together in the living room. He sweetly listened as I recounted all the events of the weekend. I am truly blessed beyond measure.

No comments: