Ah, dratted perfectionism has kept me from blogging. Every time I think about doing a post I realize how long it's been since I posted and it paralyzes me. I am bound and determined to overcome my all-or-nothing-ness.
This week has not gone as smoothly as I would have liked. I wasn't feeling great and Mark had to go out of town. I am pretty such a lot of what is going on is hormone related. I cried because Seth loaded the dishwasher without me asking the other night. He and Joel are responsible for emptying the dishwasher each morning, but I always load it. Then, just to be a blessing he decided to load it. He came into my room and said, "Mom, how do I turn on the dishwasher?" I went into the kitchen to discover he had loaded it all and did so correctly! I showed him how to put in the detergent and turn it on. Then I cried and hugged him.
The past two days have brought on more tears for one reason or another. My poor children. I'm sure they have no idea what to make of me when I get all hormonal. I'll cry because I'm sad, mad, or happy. It probably confuses them to no end!
Today I just felt blah. Being at home is wonderful when you feel blah, however, I still have school to teach, children to care for, and a house to run. So, I don't get to indulge in my blah-ness very much. I needed to jumpstart my day.
I decided to take the boys on a walk. I don't ever do this. I enjoy bike rides, but I am horrible about just going for a walk. I figured the sunshine and exercise would do me some good. I pushed Benj in a stroller while the older boys rode their bikes. We just circled the block, but it was so enjoyable! I think I need to do that more often, especially when the weather is so beautiful and sunny like today.
So, a little fresh air has motivated me. It's turned into a good day. I'm even cooking up some chicken 'n dumplings for dinner so it's sure to be a good evening, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment