All of this came from his thumb that was now clad with a cotton ball and band-aid. The lab nurse came in with yet another vial and said she would have to prick another finger to draw his blood. By this time Benjamin had fallen asleep in my arms and the poor child was awakened with a prick to his finger. Ouch. He was so good though. He didn't even really cry. He fussed a little and then was quiet. The nurse told me that she was going to literally run right out of the room and get it to the lab so I had to just hold the gauze on his finger until the other nurse came in with the band-aids. That time they were able to test it to find out that his white blood cell count was normal. Ugh. All that for nothing. Well, not for nothing I guess because we were able to rule out a bacterial infection. I just felt badly for the little guy.
I was thankful for his disposition though. So, we left with a feverish child with a viral bug that would just have to pass. By last night Nathan was not feeling well and by this afternoon Seth and Joel joined the sick ranks.
Hopefully this bug will pass quickly. It seems to just be a fever and a cough. Last night, Benjamin felt well enough to play and I snapped this cute picture of him.
No comments:
Post a Comment