Wednesday, April 15, 2009

We Can Grow More Than Children




We planted our garden a week and a half ago. Everything is starting to pop up! It's so exciting! I've never tried to grow anything besides children before. The boys were very excited to help start the garden, too. They were the seed planters and did quite a good job. It took just six days for the first little green-ness to pop up out of the soil. Who knew growing some vegetables in the backyard could be so fun!

We have done a square foot garden and the vegetables we planted are onions, carrots, mixed greens, snap peas, green beans, broccoli, and tomatoes. If I get one little vegetable out of this thing I'll consider it a success! I can't wait to see what'll happen.

The boys are keeping notes in their Science journals to track the progress of the plants.

2 comments:

Gretch said...

Cool beans Sandy! I can't wait to plant ours and sample your veggies!

Unknown said...

I love gardening. It is awesome! I hope you and the boys get bitten by the bug...not literally, of course.

We can't even begin to plant up here for another few weeks.