Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Random Thoughts

Mark had to fly out today. I really feel spoiled that he's home so much now and it seems even harder when he has to leave. He'll be back in just two days, but it still is hard.

It doesn't help that the boys are all still sick. Benj took 2 naps today. One was almost 2 hours and the other was over three hours. It probably has to do with him being up on and off all night last night. And that would also explain why I am beyond exhausted today! The other boys are doing better and recovering, but everyone is coughing and just low key.

We're about to all head upstairs for some snuggle time as I read. We're reading a book about a little town in Alaska that has a hard time keeping a teacher for their school. The newest teacher has just arrived and she is from England. When I started reading this book to them and realized I have to do a British accent I had no clue how to do it. I'm terrible at accents other than a southern twang. Mark was there as I was trying to do the accent which was probably a little more australian or scottish than british! Mark is so good doing accents and he told me, "Think Mary Poppins!" So, every night that I've been reading this book I keep picturing the teacher as Mary Poppins as I'm sure I totally butcher an English accent! The boys love it when I do voices and accents though and they really are easy to please.

Hopefully, the next two days will fly by and Mark will be home again. It would be really wonderful if the boys woke up feeling all better tomorrow. When Mark gets home Friday we're taking them to the circus Friday night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm there with you sister. All three of mine are down now.