Monday, July 13, 2009

The Big Show


Friday night was the Newsies show to end theatre camp. I was amazed what these kids were able to put together in five days. They had such a great time.

We arrived early and were able to get seats on the front row. Mark was there poised with video camera in hand while I had the regular camera ready to go. I looked over and Joel was all smiles waiting for the big show to start. I couldn't see Seth as he was off down the hallway where most of the kids were waiting.



The show started with energy and excitement. I know I watched the whole thing with a goofy grin on my face, but I was just so happy! Seth really got into character and sang his heart out. He was full of expression and movement. It was great! When he delivered his one line he did it full out. I knew he'd be nervous, but he did such a great job.



Joel's class only had one song in the performance, but it was adorable. There was Joel right up front singing, dancing, and giving the performance of a lifetime! He sang his solo with all the effort and energy I expected. He really was born for the stage.


Both of the boys want to continue in acting and we're excited about that. The program we have them in is such a good one and they enjoy it so much. They'll likely have to sit out the fall season, but they'll definitely take classes in Winter.

They had some friends that went to the camp, too. My sister brought lovely flowers for all of them. Here they are after the show:

No comments: