Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Nice Box

Joel came downstairs today with this:



Here's what he said, "Hey Mom! Look at this. It's a 'Nice Box'. I put some toys in it for Nathan and Benjamin. They get to earn toys by being nice!"

He was very proud of this plan. I told him I thought it was a great idea and off he went to tell the others. I could hear him explaining it to both Nathan and Benjamin..."Okay, now listen. If you can be nice for one minute, you can choose a toy out of the box."

There were no complaints and apparently the boys liked the idea. He left the box down here and I could see it from where I was sitting in the office. A little while later I did not notice as Nathan came to seek a toy from the box. Joel's voice got my attention as I heard him say, "No Nathan! You have to earn those toys!! You have to be nice for one minute!" Apparently, Nathan was not so keen on this whole nice idea and instead just picked up the whole box and dumped it out.

And thus ends the "Nice Box".

No comments: