On Saturday, we were eating lunch in the kitchen. Well, the boys were sitting at the table and at the bar while Mark and I prepared food and stood while eating! We had the radio on enjoying some good music when a song came on with a waltz beat. I simply love to dance and the waltz is one of my favorites! I began waltzing to and fro by myself enjoying the rhythm. Sweet little Joely jumped up and came over with a big grin on his face. He said, "Mom, what do I say? May I have a dance?" Melt my heart.
So, there with my newly turned 7 year old I showed him the simple steps of the waltz. He's a good little dancer with rhythm even! He spun, I spun, we twirled. Benjamin came over to get in on the dancing fun. Really, he just wanted to hold my hands and sway back and forth. Finally, my Prince Charming took me in his arms and we finished out the waltz while four little boys looked on with adoring smiles on their faces.
It's moments like that when I say a quick prayer for the types of husbands they will be someday. I pray that they will dance with their wives in the kitchen just because.
As the song came to an end, Seth asked me if I had ever been to a ball. I told him I had not, but that our wedding seemed like a ball. Then Nathan asked, "Mommy, were you ever a princess?" Stinkin' cute or what? I told him I wasn't, but I felt like one on our wedding day.
Joel started talking about how I looked like a princess on our wedding day and he ran to get our wedding picture from our bedroom to show the other boys. They all were oohing and ahhing over the picture. We realized that we haven't ever shown them our wedding album. So, off I went to get it.
As I walked into our closet I thought about my wedding dress hanging right there still in it's bag. I had not put it on since my wedding night! I thought it'd be fun to put it on so I quickly did so. When I caught a glimpse of myself in the bathroom mirror I was 24 again. The dress fit so well, in fact, I dare say even a little better than when I wore it almost 10 years ago!
I walked out into the living room where the boys were and was greeted by gasps! Nathan looked at me as if I were Cinderella herself and exclaimed, "Mommy, you are BEAUTIFUL!! You really are a princess!" Mark was sitting at the bar eating and when he heard the boys gasping and such he turned to look at me. His jaw literally dropped open and he was speechless. A simple "Wow!" finally escaped his lips as I saw his eyes fill with tears. I love that man.
1 comment:
Oh man, now I'm all verclemped...or however you spell that...just read in your best church lady voice, k?
:-)
Post a Comment