Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Tooth Be Told

Sunday night was a big night for Joel. He had had a very loose bottom tooth for quite some time. In fact, on his birthday I encouraged him to just yank it because it was way loose. It didn't come out though for another week!

We had some friends over for dinner and the kids were all eating on the back patio. Suddenly, Joel comes flying in holding his tooth! He was so excited. Apparently one little bite of corn on the cob set the tooth free.

Joel was so funny. He proudly held up his tooth and said, "I bit into the corn and felt something in my mouth. I thought it was maybe a seed and then I realized it was MY TOOTH!!!"

How is it possible that he's growing up, too?! What is with these kids anyway? Nathan taught himself to swim, Benjamin is talking, Seth does some things without being told, and now Joel is losing his teeth. It's just craziness!

I didn't download the picture of Joel holding his tooth yet, but I thought this toothy grin was appropriate.

No comments: