I was in the school room with Seth and Joel working away. I sat there watching each of them work hard, focusing on their task at hand. I decided to interrupt them and let them know just how proud I am of each of them. I wanted them to know how much I appreciate the fact that they do absolutely everything I ask them to do for school without complaint. They never huff and puff about having a lot to do and really, truly seem joyful and willing to do their schoolwork. It's a blessing, to be sure!
Seth got teary-eyed as I sung their praises and Joel jumped up from his chair to give me a hug and kiss. I told them that their attitudes make it really easy for me to be a mom and homeschool teacher.
Seth sat quiet with a simple smile enjoying the praise I'd just given. Joel, of course, so much like me, could not simply sit quietly. He offered these words:
"Mom, you are the best mom! And you really are a great teacher even though you aren't a real teacher."
He said it with such joy and enthusiasm. I know he didn't mean it the way it came out and so I just laughed! I'll take being their mom over being their teacher any day, although the two really go hand in hand.
When I look at how they read and write, ask questions, and articulate things they know I can't help but be a little proud that I've been their teacher...real or otherwise! LOL
1 comment:
Cool beans Sandy!
Post a Comment