I've never really been one to wake up early the day after Thanksgiving. Some genius person knows that there are people like me. So, they came up with the idea of midnight shopping! That is right up this night owl's alley.
My sisters and I set off for midnight shopping at the outlet mall. Several stores and a few bags later I realized I had only bought clothes for myself! There were such good deals and I was in need of some new clothes for the winter season so it was great.
At about 3:30 in the morning we were done at the outlet so we fueled ourselves at Starbucks and headed toward the stores that would be opening at 4:00 and 5:00 a.m. Target was an absolute madhouse. The line literally wound through the entire store. The deals I wanted were definitely not worth the wait.
We hit Academy, Toys 'R Us, Home Depot, Kohl's, Bealls...I can't even remember where else. I do know that I avoided Walmart this year. I didn't care what their deals were. The experience I had there last year was enough for me to not go this year.
It was fun though and we found some great deals. I discovered that sleep deprivation can make you act really silly and not be able to think clearly. My sister, Nancy, and I had so much fun just being silly. It's amazing what is funny when you haven't slept for 24 hours.
Around 8 a.m. we collapsed into bed for a little nap. I was so exhausted. I am looking forward to next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment