Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend Report

We had a nice weekend. Friday night the boys and I had dinner with my mom while Mark finished up with work. On Saturday, Mark, Seth, Joel and Benjamin walked to the Alamo which was just two blocks from our hotel. Nathan and I stayed at the hotel for potty training and down time. Later in the day, Seth, Joel and I met up with Grandma and Katy to watch Madagascar 2. It was cute, but probably not one we'll own. Mark took the younger boys as he drove around San Antonio running tests for work.

My mom watched the kids while Mark and I went to church and dinner with my dad and Lainey. It was a really nice time. Their church had a children's choir for grades 3-6 that led worship during service that night. It was not a typical church youth choir! The kids were great singers, there was dancing, and just a wonderful performance. There are some really talented kids there!

After dinner at La Madeleine, we scooped up the kids and headed back to the hotel. Sunday morning we enjoyed a leisurely morning at the hotel. Then we headed out to Mark's dad's house.
The boys just love their Grammy and Grampy. We had a nice visit even though the boys managed to break a rain gauge and take about 50 rocks out of their flower bed and throw them all in their yard! Raising boys is never boring, I'll tell you that!

Sunday night, the boys, Mark and I went out to dinner just us. As much as we enjoyed getting to see the grandparents this weekend, it was so nice to have that ending to our weekend together. We said good-bye to Daddy this morning as he left, but we are so excited about his taking next week off! Yay! We have big plans for next week!

No comments: