Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Decorating for Christmas

We put up the tree over the weekend, but did't have a chance to decorate until last night. The boys had so much fun putting all the ornaments on. I sat with our box of ornaments handing them to the boys as they placed them on the tree. I was focused on digging through the ornaments and not paying close attention to what they were actually doing. I looked up at the tree to find that Nathan had managed to hang about seven ornaments all on the same branch! So, we had a little lesson about how to spread out ornaments.

Soon thereafter the stepstools were out and Mark and I each held up the boys to hang ornaments way up. I even let Joel place my very special ornament that I've had my whole life. It's a little wooden cuckoo clock. When I was growing up I
always wanted to be able to see it so I always hung it right under the star at the very top of the tree. It's been on every tree I've ever had in the same spot.

The last thing we did was place all of our very special gold ornaments that we have collected over the years. Whenever we travel we buy an ornament as a souvenir. I write the month and year that we were there on the back and as we place each one we talk about that trip. So they were the finishing touch on the tree.

No comments: