On Friday, I slept. A lot! Shopping wears a person out! My terrific husband made sure the children didn't disturb me. Either that or I was so exhausted nothing could have woken me up!!
Saturday we worked on the kitchen flooring more. We just expanded the laminate wood flooring. We were going to do ceramic tile, but since we had extra left from the floor and I have yet to find a tile I love we just went with what we knew. It's just about finished too! YAY!
Over the weekend our pastor had a death in his family so he had to fly out for the funeral. He called and asked Mark to preach on Sunday. So, I got to listen to a captivating message Sunday morning delivered by my very own hubby. I love that! He's taught a few times before and I'm always so proud of him. He was pretty wiped out afterwards, but he did a good job.
Sunday afternoon Mark worked more on the floor. I went to Home Depot to pick up more trim. It comes in 14 feet sections so I had to cut it. I've never done that before! I stood there sawing boards in half with my bare hands. I wanted to say "I am woman. Hear me ROAR!!" Nathan was with me and can bare witness to my strength and precision. I even took the time to measure instead of eye balling it. My engineer husband was indeed proud.
It was a long, nice weekend. I ended it by falling asleep at 9:30 last night!
No comments:
Post a Comment