It was a couple of weeks ago that we got together, but I'm just now getting around to writing about it. I hosted this year and it was the four of us girls, my mom, and our new soon-to-be sister-in-law.
We made the following:
Peanut Butter Kisses - among my favorites, these are the yummy peanut butter cookies with a Hershey's Kiss right in the middle.
Kris Kringles - these are a colorful, tasty cookie with dried cranberries and colored white chocolate morsels.
Spritz - I love these cookies. They are little bites of a delicious shortbread taste. We used my Pampered Chef cookie press that had been tucked away unused and still in the box brand new for more than seven years!! I discovered I have some natural cookie press talent and almost every cookie was perfect! Ah, the things that make me happy. : )
Empanadas - These are a family tradition. My sister Nancy carries on the torch mostly. She's an incredible cook and these are one of her masterpieces. She does something special with the filling of apricots and pineapple, the crusts are delicious and light, and they look wonderful! They are like little mini pies and oh so yummy to eat for breakfast as I did the morning after our baking day!
Christmas Crunch - This is a seasonal snack that really can be made anytime. It's Crispix cereal and peanuts covered in a very yummy coating made of mostly brown sugar. How can it not be delicious?!
Raspberry Delights - Oh my. These are a new favorite. Nancy, with a gift of knowing when a recipe will just be amazing, decided to try these out. They are a white cookie with white chocolate morsels. They are topped with rapberry jam and then white chocolate drizzled on top. Now, I'm not usually a big fan of white chocolate, but these cookies are by far the most amazing cookies I've ever eaten! They were called "white chocolate and rasberry cookies", but such a heavenly cookie deserved a better name. I renamed them "white rasberry dreams", but a neighbor tasted them and said they were simply delightful and should be called "raspberry
delights". I like that name best. Mmmm. Mmmm. So good!
Crinkles - These were my favorites growing up. They are chocolate cookies that you roll in powdered sugar. When the bake they spread out the the sugar "crinkles".
Pecan Sandies - These have never been my favorite, but I know a lot of people who love them.
I think that's about it. It was a lot of baking and a lot of fun!! My sister brought along some cute hats to help us get in the spirit. We took some fun pictures.
I set the camera timer and took these pictures of us. The camera was set to take five pictures in a row. We had no idea at the time what Debbie (sis on right end) was doing until we viewed the pictures afterward!!
We cracked up at her pictures!
It was a great time and we are all looking forward to doing it again next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment