Monday, December 22, 2008

Houston, We Have SNOW!




Yep. Snow. In Houston. Who woulda thunk it?! It was really fun though for the brief amount of time the snow fell. Seth and Joel were just so happy! Joel yelled out "FINALLY, there's snow!" I explained that we probably wouldn't see snow in Houston again for several years.

That day (December 10th) was a day I was so grateful for homeschooling. We just headed outside to enjoy the rare event. We talked about snow and freezing temperatures and called that "Science". Anything really can be about teaching and learning. Academics is so much more than textbooks. And a snow day is just plain fun!

Nathan and Benjamin were napping when it snowed. Nathan woke up to see the tail end of it and when I excitedly told him that it was snowing he looked out the window and said, "Oh yeah. Snow. Looks like rain." And that was that. He had no desire to go outside to check it out.

I made hot chocolate and apple cider for the boys and they sat by the fireplace while Seth read "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". It was incredibly sweet.




1 comment:

Bohanon Family said...

Yea!!! I'm so glad you had snow!! Looks like fun!