Saturday, March 14, 2009

Choo Choo

We've found a new game we love. It's a dominoes game called "Mexican Train". My mom was visiting here last weekend and brought it with her to teach the boys. She came again this weekend and we had a little get together here last night. My sisters Susan and Nancy, my mom, Mark and I played Mexican Train for hours!! I won a few rounds and Mark was the big winner of the night. He won more times than anyone and his winning streak started after I teased about how I like to play games later at night when he can't think as clearly. Gee, he sure showed me!

I also made a chocolate cake completely from scratch for the first time in my life. I found a recipe on Hershey's website and it was really good! I even made homemade icing. I took a couple pieces over to my neighbor (who usually is the recipient of sweets and things so we don't have too much in the house) and she commented about how I have just become a baking machine. I laughed and said, "Amazing what I can do when I'm not pregnant or nursing! LOL" Of course, now that I've said that I'll be pregnant in no time, I'm sure. Really, I think it's because I've lost 25 pounds and have A LOT more energy these days.



It was so delicious and moist! Secret ingredient: coffee! My two sisters don't drink coffee so I didn't tell them until after they ate the cake and liked it. Hee hee

Of course, I realize the irony of losing weight has given me more energy to do things like bake chocolate cake!! This is why my neighbors love me. I like to make the sweets, have a little, and then give the rest away!

No comments: