Monday, March 23, 2009

Sandy Sees a Slithering Snake

So, today we went on a field trip today to see the Snake Man. Just the older two and I went since Nathan and Benjamin are not feeling well. The Snake Man brought our the snakes starting with small ones.



The boys thought it was really cool!



And the snakes got bigger.




Some moms and I were discussing how we just wouldn't hold a snake. Ew, yuck, no way. I don't know if it was the setting or the nice Snake Man or what, but the next thing I know I actually wanted to hold a snake. I handed the camera to Seth and took the snake in my hands. It's like my brain was a little slow to tell me "Hey, you have a SNAKE in your hands" and I found the experience kind of cool. I wasn't expecting what it felt like. I don't know what I expected, honestly, but holding the snake I felt its muscles move and it was really cool. And creepy, but mostly cool. I laughed at the idea that I was standing there holding a snake on purpose. I didn't hold it long at all (my brain alerted me finally that I had willingly put a snake in my hands and it was time to hand it back), but I really was surprised with myself.



Then the Snake Man brought out the big guy.





The boys weren't scared at all. They loved it! And before the day was over, I decided to kick it up a notch.



And I lived to tell about it! : )

No comments: