Stinkin' cute, right?
Okay, so if he were just a good looking ball player who had fun that'd be enough for me. But, he's actually really good. I say that as a mom with some hesitation because don't all moms think their kids are "the best"? I don't want to be one of those moms, however, there is just no denying his abilities. I am absolutely mesmerized watching him play. I figured since Seth didn't play in the Fall it would take him a little while to get back in the groove of things. 'Twas not the case.
He played 2nd base mostly although the coach also put him at pitcher and the outfield. Before they even played the game, the coach came over and told Seth that he wanted to put him different places and then explained what he wanted of Seth at each position. Seth really enjoys playing 2nd base, but he just loves baseball and always has a great attitude. He doesn't care where he plays, he just wants to play!
And play he did! There is something that comes over that boy when he plays. He plays with heart and passion. And he is an absolute joy to watch. He's good and he knows it. Sometimes we have to talk to him about his ego out there. He kind of struts around when he gets a little full of himself.
He's still working on getting his batting timing down. Sometimes he smacks it and other times he strikes out. His swing is beautiful though and I feel like I'm watching a miniature professional! Can you tell I'm a proud mama?!
The last time he played it seemed that there were one or two really awesome plays he made that we talked about on the ride home. The game on Saturday there were too many to remember!
He may not be the best player out there, but he has a great attitude, plays with his heart, tries hard, and has a lot of fun. The fact that he is good makes it exciting and fun, but we'd cheer him on regardless. I can't believe that I actually really enjoy watching baseball and have even learned a lot about the game! I helped Mark work the scoring booth on Saturday and knew what I was doing! LOL
Here are some action shots:



No comments:
Post a Comment