Okay, so I realize I only posted four blogs in February. Just four. Kind of pathetic for someone who enjoys writing (and talking). I think it's because I have a hard time narrowing my thoughts enough for a single blog post. So, as I often do with things in my life...it's all or nothing. I didn't think I could really spend my day writing all the great things my children did, funny stories, thought provoking things I want to share, etc. so I did...nothing.
In trying to break free from this thing that always holds me back (perfectionism really is an ugly word) I have decided to post a simple, dare I say even boring post and get over myself. I don't know why I feel the need to be perfect when I can clearly see that I am not. Not even close by a long shot.
Sadly, I see the buddings of a perfectionist in Seth. He really likes to do his school work well and when he gets something wrong he gets upset with himself. I'm constantly reminding him that Jesus was the only perfect man to ever walk on the earth. He knows that, but he still hates to be wrong. I can relate. I've been that way since I was a little girl. I remember being distraught because I made a "B" one time. I had let everyone down.
But today is a new day and another opportunity to overcome. The pest control guy showed up today and even though I had a reminder on my calendar and rememebered yesterday I completely forgot today. So, I invited him into my less-than-perfect house and swallowed my pride. Really, pride is the root of perfectionism anyway. And anytime I humble myself and realize that I'll never be perfect I am filled with a sense of peace. It also keeps me looking to the Lord for His strength, His will, and His guidance.
1 comment:
I was just thinking as I stepped over lots of stuff to get to the computer that older kids are alot harder to keep clean after than littles. Or maybe it is just as the numbers increase.
Random much?
I like when you blog. You are my friend and I love you man!
Post a Comment