Sunday, August 30, 2009

Weekend Report

Haven't done one of these in awhile. It's Sunday afternoon, Mark and I are researching stuff on Alaska, the boys are watching a little tv quietly, and we're gearing up for what is sure to be a busy week!

Yesterday we spent much of the day packing and playing with the kids. We played Zingo last night, which is one of our favorites games, but one we haven't played in awhile. It was fun since Nathan is old enough to really play it now. Benjamin "played" and actually did better than we thought he would.

It's been a close-to-home weekend just really getting things done around here. Sometimes those kinds of weekends are the nicest. It's nice to get out, too, but I like feeling productive around here. And it's fun to work together as a family.

The boys have really enjoyed the pool this summer. We're going to leave it up and running for another few weeks. They swam a lot this weekend.

I'm tired tonight. I've had trouble sleeping the past couple of nights. I think I am just excited about our trip, but I also have a lot of things on my mind that I know need to get done before we go.

No comments: