Seth had a flag football game today. So I brought the camera along to get some much needed pictures since the season ends next weekend and we don't have any yet! Seth has learned a great deal about football since this is his first time to play this season. It's been fun watching him improve over the past few weeks.
Well, today I was one proud mama. The ball was hiked to the quarterback and Seth darted out with purpose. I have no idea what position he was playing because I just don't know that much about football! So, he takes off running, cuts back just in time to catch the ball. He turned to run and one of his opponents reached for his flag making Seth trip and fall. Seth hit the ground in an awesome roll, popped up, and tossed the ball down like a well-seasoned football player. I was just so unbelievably proud!
Mark turned to me and said, "Please tell me you got a picture of that." I replied, "Oh no, I did better than that. I got that on video." I sat there and watched it three times before handing the camera over to show Mark. All I could think about was how awesome it was going to be to put that on my blog.
After the game Seth came over still beaming from his great catch. As we headed out I just had to show him the video. It was just too cool. So I hit the button that plays the videos twice. And then I stood in horror as my brain registered that I saw the word "Erase" and not "Play". I had pushed the wrong button. No, no, no, no, no. It can't be. Oh yes, it can and it was...erased. My heart sank and I had to fight back tears.
When I told Seth what I had done he said, "It's okay Mom. I would have liked to see it, but it's okay." I was ready to take the boy for some ice cream or something! In that moment I was so grateful he has such a sweet spirit. He forgave me easily and shrugged it off. I felt just horrible about it and I still do, but I'm glad that he wasn't upset.
It wouldn't surprise me if Seth ups his game next weekend to make sure he gives an even better play to share. I'll post some snapshots I got of him as soon as I download them.
Well, today I was one proud mama. The ball was hiked to the quarterback and Seth darted out with purpose. I have no idea what position he was playing because I just don't know that much about football! So, he takes off running, cuts back just in time to catch the ball. He turned to run and one of his opponents reached for his flag making Seth trip and fall. Seth hit the ground in an awesome roll, popped up, and tossed the ball down like a well-seasoned football player. I was just so unbelievably proud!
Mark turned to me and said, "Please tell me you got a picture of that." I replied, "Oh no, I did better than that. I got that on video." I sat there and watched it three times before handing the camera over to show Mark. All I could think about was how awesome it was going to be to put that on my blog.
After the game Seth came over still beaming from his great catch. As we headed out I just had to show him the video. It was just too cool. So I hit the button that plays the videos twice. And then I stood in horror as my brain registered that I saw the word "Erase" and not "Play". I had pushed the wrong button. No, no, no, no, no. It can't be. Oh yes, it can and it was...erased. My heart sank and I had to fight back tears.
When I told Seth what I had done he said, "It's okay Mom. I would have liked to see it, but it's okay." I was ready to take the boy for some ice cream or something! In that moment I was so grateful he has such a sweet spirit. He forgave me easily and shrugged it off. I felt just horrible about it and I still do, but I'm glad that he wasn't upset.
It wouldn't surprise me if Seth ups his game next weekend to make sure he gives an even better play to share. I'll post some snapshots I got of him as soon as I download them.
1 comment:
okay... I know the video was recovered... you can post it now. :)
Post a Comment