Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend Report

We had a really nice weekend. Saturday morning was Seth's last football game. He played a good friend of his, which was fun for them. The funny thing was that neither team had won a single game for the entire season. So, they were pretty evenly matched. Our team lost! However, the boys had a great time and Seth even made his first tackle (not sure why it's called a tackle when it's actually a flag that's pulled, but okay). It was exciting for Seth though and I was proud of him.

Afterwards we headed to the coach's house for the end-of-the-season party. In the backyard there was a big playscape, trampoline, tennis court and plenty of room for the kids to run around and play. The weather was beautiful and we had a nice time visiting with the other parents. When the coach handed out the trophies he talked about each boy and what he had accomplished during the season. He talked about a block that Seth did a couple of games back and just complimented Seth on a job well done.

After lunch we headed out to vote. We took the kids with us and I showed Seth and Joel how we do it. The boys seemed to enjoy the process. We just talked about it at our homeschool co-op on Friday so it was neat to be able to show them how it works. They've gone with me before, but being a little older now they understood better.

That we just went for a drive. The weather was just perfect on Saturday and it was too nice to just go home. So, we headed out to some of our "dream home" areas. We haven't been on an afternoon drive like that for a long time because of gas prices! And we just seem to be busy on the weekends. We definitely aren't looking to move any time soon, but we like to see what's out there so we have some idea where we'd like to live someday. We would like some room for the kids to play outside. It's fun to drive through neighborhoods that have one to two acre lots. So we just drove around for a couple of hours, talking and looking at different areas.

Today, we went to church and then I did my weekly grocery shopping alone. Mark took the kids home, fed them lunch, and put the little ones down for naps. This has become our new Sunday afternoon routine. It takes me no more than an hour to get through the grocery store and then we are set for the week.

Now it's getting close to the boys' bedtime. So I'm going to end here. I gotta admit that I like pictures in my posts. I don't really have one for this post. Maybe tomorrow I'll put up a little slide show of recent pics.

No comments: