This video was taken this summer while we were bowling with Grandma. Benjamin was content to watch his big brothers while we bowled, but at the very end he decided he wanted to get a ball afterall.
Benjamin has grown so much even from this video. He's become quite the little runner and climber. I recently found him standing on our kitchen table. Yes, standing. Thankfully, this isn't my first rodeo. There was no running (although I did walk briskly), no arms flailing (this requires extreme self control when your one year old could easily take a nose dive off a table), no outbursts or loud noises (even though everything in me wanted to yell "BENJAMIN, DON'T MOVE!"). No, no. I knew that any of those things could cause him to startle and lose his balance. I'm not sure how, but I moved from my bedroom door to the kitchen without my feet touching the floor. I removed the happy boy (so proud of his accomplishment), firmly told him "no", and have since made a concerted effort to keep all kitchen chairs pushed in. Ahhhh, life with a toddler is never dull.
No comments:
Post a Comment