Joel is our little prayer warrior. The child's prayers make me smile with joy and sometimes even move me to tears. There have been times though that in his innocence he says something that just cracks us up. Several months ago we were praying for a co-worker of Mark's who had a problem with her eye. She had a blood clot in her eye that caused her to lose her sight. One night while praying, Joel said, "And Lord we pray for Dad's worker girl who has a loose eye." He was just so sincere when he said it that we fought back our laughter.
So, last night during dinner he asked if he could say the prayer. He began to pray thanking God for our food and asked God to heal my headache (which He did). Then out of the blue he prayed for Benjamin saying, "Lord, please help Benjamin learn to be a good boy...like us." As if Joel, Seth, and Nathan have already arrived at the place they need to be in life with regard to behavior. It was cute.
I do hope that Joel continues a long life of prayer. He is so quick to ask the Lord for help and praise Him for something wonderful. I see a fervency in his prayers that makes me see the scripture "faith of a child" lived out. Friends comment that he'd make a good preacher someday. I guess time will tell. For now, I just feel blessed by his precious, innocent prayers. He's a sweet boy. 
3 comments:
Can I put in a prayer request? Joel is such a sweetheart!
Thank you Auntie Gretchen. From Joel
That is Joel???? He doesn't look anything like that last time I saw him....which should really make me embarressed (ok, I can't even spell that word, so I'll skip the emotion too, lol). What a big boy! He looks alot more like Mark than before.
Post a Comment