Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to Normal

Well, I've got a little coffee in me this morning and we're getting ready to start school. The laundry is still piled up, but I'm beginning to embrace the fact that it's just going to be that way for a good 15 years more.

My house isn't as clean as I hoped it would be for today, but we sure have enjoyed our time off.

We took the kids to see "Tale of Despereaux" over the weekend. We saw it at the drive in movie theatre which is always a fun treat. It's such a beautiful looking film and the story was good. We enjoyed it.

Mark has begun a new project. All the "Do It Yourself" stuff we've done has inspired him I guess. He has decided to build a huge workbench for the garage. I'm a girl, but even I can appreciate the awesomeness of this thing. It's huge and has drawers and bins and all kinds of cool stuff. He found these plans online and being the true engineer that he is he has spent hours looking at the drawings and gathering the info to build it. He even drew it up in his engineering design program (no clue what it's called, but it's used to design stuff) and flipped the workbench. It was designed for the left side of a garage and we needed it for the right. He had too much fun re-drawing it on the computer. He made a spreadsheet for all the materials as well as measurements. He also has broken the project into phases. This morning I found the spreadsheet printed out with his writing on it with prices. He did some recon work yesterday at Home Depot. It'll be fun to see him build this thing. He said that he'll be doing it with the older boys so I think that will be really fun for them.

As for me, I'm glad today is Monday and we're starting school again. I've enjoyed the break, but I'm looking forward to getting back to our routines.

Right after my coffee kicks in.

No comments: