Wednesday, January 28, 2009

To Train or Not to Train

Now that Nathan is potty trained (for all of a few days) he has decided that Benjamin should learn. He enthusiastically said, "Mommy, Benjamin can you my little potty chair!" So we went into my bathroom where the little chair is and Nathan starts explaining how it works to Benjamin.

"See Benji, this is where you go pee pee." And he proceeded to help him get his pants and diaper off.

Benjamin sat and seemed very interested and happy to be sitting there although nothing actually happened.

So just now Mark was taking a shower and Benjamin wandered into the bathroom. Mark got him undressed so he could get in the shower with him. While naked Benjamin walked over to the potty chair, lifted the lid, and peed. He pretty much completely missed the bowl, but it was quite obvious he knew just what he was doing.

Mark started calling for me to come. I ran in there and saw Benjamin standing next to the potty and the pee on the front of it and on the floor. He just looked at me like "yep, I peed."

The child won't say three words, but he's already figured out when he needs to pee. So the question is "do I just go ahead and start training him or wait??"

I've got to admit after 8 years straight of having at least one and sometimes two in diapers I get a wee bit excited at the thought of not having any. Not that diapers are a big deal because they really aren't, but it just seems like a milestone of sorts to have no one in diapers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow!!!! that is all, lol

you've read my blog, so you know I am no help